The SOIL experience is within the warm setting of our home constructed in the 1960’s assists seeds ages 2 to 12 years, into our experimental learning environment. Skills learned at these ages focus primarily on developing social skills - following directions, respecting others, building self-esteem, sharing, cooperative play and getting along with others.
Our program supports the developmental curiosity of the young mind and enhances the child in the areas of math, language arts, science, social studies, music, art, technology, and religion. Children are encouraged to develop skills in listening and confidence in verbal expression.
In history, the children learn that humans evolved millions of years ago as an image of The Creator. We help our seeds come to an awareness of love in themselves and in others. Each month, the seeds are introduced to a social cause. These are identified as current events that help our social missions in our Seed to Harvest Project.
Positive choices and redirection is offered as our discipline plan when needed. The homeschool values set by our families during the year help in reminding students of behavioral expectations.
The SOIL Homeschool schedule flows something like this:
(Times may vary depending on the flow of the day)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- 9:00 – 9:30 – outside exploration (weather permitting)
- 9:40 – morning yoga & meditation with (Mama Indego)
- 9:45 – transition time to breakfast
- 10:05 – I AM Circle Time Affirmations
- 10:15 – 11:45 – Learning Garden (seed time, P. E. 20 minutes daily)
- 11:55 – 12:30 – Lunch
- (alternating with inside or outside play)
- 12:45 transition into Oral Traditions & Story time
- 1:00 class ends
- 1:15 – 3:00 – Quiet relaxation time
- 3:00 – 3:30 – Snack
- 3:30 – 5:45 – Group play outdoors
- Free choice learning centers Tuesday and Thursday – Foreign Language
In the summer we offer reading programs, paint and play socials (for our younger seeds) and creative entrepreneurialism (for our older seeds).
Parents are encouraged to join us for local community and online events.
Call today! 405-795-3733
Click the link below to learn more about our GrassRoots Social Welfare Organization